Monday, December 04, 2006

5k recovery

I received advice that adding a 6th running day would be advantageous to my training. I tried running six days a week at the beginning of SMART, but it didn't last long. Chronic fatigue had settled into my legs and refused to leave. At one point I was losing interest in running. Dropping back to 5 days-a-week cured me instantly. It's been a couple months and now its time to try again.

Normally today would be an off day. In an attempt to ease into the extra day, I elected to run an uneventful three miler. I pushed Alison in the stroller to the lake, just past the duck and geese cove and returned home. The route proved to be a near-perfect three miles.

I'm content with the splits, considering the return trip has a moderate incline and I was pushing the stroller.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 3.08 miles
Time: 33:59 -- 11:02 pace
Splits:
11:30, 11:05, 10:41, 0:43 (0.08)
Location: Kingwood Greenbelts
How I Felt: 10

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

Ah, the lake, ducks & geese...sounds great!