Sunday, December 31, 2006

Don't count me out, yet

Yesterday and today have been virtually pain free. My biggest problem is the discomfort at night. Apparently I "load" my knee when I sleep on my side and it wakes me up.

In my house, no sharp pain means.... GO RUN!

Let me start by saying, it was freakin' awesome. I'll take it a step further; it was near-orgasmic! Easy to forget how much you love running, until you stumble into a run like I had today. I was pushing Alison in the stroller and ran a 10:04 pace. I had to back up a loooong way in my training log to find a similar pace/distance with the stroller.

Notes on the run: Since the untimely death of my garmin, I've had to run and walk routes that I have already measured. My mountain bike has a cheap bike computer, which is cool. It's not too bad now, but I miss knowing my splits. There was one time near mile four that I had a sharp pain. Lasted about five seconds, then it was gone. There was lots of discomfort in both knees on the incline(s), yet very manageable. I refuse to say I'm not running Houston. I remain optimistic. Today's run helped.

Thanks, for those of you who sent me private emails about Koala. I hope to learn from your experiences.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 6.0 miles
Time: 1:00:22 -- 10:04 pace
Location: Kingwood Greenbelts
How I Felt: 9.5

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Upper-body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym
How I Felt: 9 (bored)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beauty about the Houston marathon is that there are no inclines (ok...maybe a few, but nothing that someone from outside of Houston would consider an incline!). It sounds like your ponies are chompin' at the bit for some oats...I hope that this is a trend! Good news Bill! :)