Monday, December 11, 2006

Post race 5k run

Seems like I've had a lot of different pains this week. This strikes me odd because the mileage was below 35 (on purpose) and nothing was new.

Today wasn't bad. My left medial shin is sore and the side of my left foot, near the middle feels like a "stone bruise". Otherwise, a good run.

This may sound odd, but I enjoy recovery runs after a long or hard effort. I use to worry how long it would take for me to recover from a specific run. Now, I look forward to testing my body and evaluating where I'm at. Today's test revealed that my legs are fine. Cardio is checking in good. My back is sore and needs more core workouts and muscle specific exercises. Mental outlook is good. Overall: B+

Activity: Run
Mileage: 3.10 miles
Time: 30:02 -- 9:40 pace
Splits:
10:31, 9:36, 9:04, 0:53 (0.10)
Location: Humble Fire Department
How I Felt: 9

Check out the names on the right hand side of this page. What have I done!

4 comments:

Ira said...

Hey good luck with this! That's great!

Unknown said...

How can you run after that? What an animal!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill "Bill", another milestone in your running career - you're internalizing instead of externalizing. Very cool...

Steeeve

Steve Bezner said...

50 miles of trails - Dude you got big ones! That's all I got to say! Wow!

I'm putting this on my calendar! Do they allow pacers? I'll volunteer!