Sunday, May 06, 2007

Zero day till surgery

What do the following dates have in common?
February 20, 2007
March 25, 2007
May 6, 2007

Answer: Last three times I logged five miles or more in one day. YIKES!!!

That's right, today I ran 5 miles.... kind of. I can't believe it either!

Small gathering in Kingwood for a leisure five-miler. Attendees included: Steeve and Barb Shepard, Jeff Sharp, Ruben Coryat, and me.

Barb did a fine job of displaying her impressive endurance abilities. For me, the pain and exhaustion was in full-effect after hitting the 1.75 mile mark. I did a lot of walk-run segments. Probably walked anywhere from 0.50-1.0 mile. Legs and knees felt A-okay, but my cardio is in the gutters. Oh well. Five miles, is five miles.... I'll take it any way I can get it!

Breakfast at Skeeters was a huge hit. With the touch of the phone we grew by 2.5 people (Erin with child aboard and Jeff's wife). It was a fun time!

Maybe.... just maybe another run, "post-surgery" could make it on the Houston Strider schedule.

A good day indeed.

4 comments:

Crosstrain said...

Good luck Bill! Get'r done and we'll see you back out there.

Steve Bezner said...

Yeah Bill good luck on the surgery!

Unknown said...

take care buddy. Wish I could have been there this morning. I think I would have had a hard time running 5 miles. Hard for me to take.

Anonymous said...

Back on the roads soon, dude...Steeeve