Thursday, May 10, 2007

Post-op appointment

Its only 8:30am and I've already been to my doctor and returned home. Today was my first post-operation appointment. Dr. Muscat showed me before and after pictures of my knee. He was talking rather fast, so excuse me if I didn't catch everything. He showed me two areas that he worked on. He labeled one as; significant damage under the knee cap. Muscat stated this area was the result of all my pain.

On the picture, the bad area looked like a miniature crater with a bunch of debris around it. He also insured me this would NOT have gone away on its own. He said, "Left untreated, you'd have good days and bad days. Big mileage would be a thing of the past and you would become submissive to the pain and quit running all together." Boy, does that sound familiar or what!

Both doc and I are extremely happy with the progress thus far. Again, he assured me... nothing I do will damage his work, its just a matter of pain. Muscat said, "You can run ten miles right now if you want, but understand you'll be uncomfortable and regret it tonight".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounding good, dude. Where are the photos? :-)

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Oh, crap, Bill's gonna have his groove back on REAL soon. We need to start this next weight loss contest while you're still in a bit of pain. I need all the advantage I can get.