Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Trail run

Activity: Run
Mileage: 3 miles
Time: 32:30 -- 10:50 pace
11:07, 10:49, 10:34
Location: Kingwood East end park

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Upper
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym

Still being nice to my legs, although I'm working awful hard for a high ten pace. Today was the first time I've actually run the East end park. Its so great, I wish all my running buddies could experience it. It's three inter-meshed loops. This enables you to design all kinds of funky distances. I ran the outside perimeter. That measures 2.79 miles. The surface is crushed granite, just like Memorial. The scenery is as good or nicer than Huntsville State park. There is probably 3/4 mile of wood bridges and at times you are running along side of the river... very serene. You'll find benches every quarter mile or so. Its really, really nice. Only downfall; no water, no distance makers. BUT at the gate there is a large map and a weather-proof box. In the box you will find color copies of the map.

Dr. Muscat released me back to work, starting Monday. Back to the grind.

Baby news: I'm getting anxious. Its almost showtime. I seldom buy new items. One, cause I'm frugal. Two, cause I don't make a hell of a lot of money. So, most of the baby stuff was purchased "here and there"... most of it second hand. It feels weird getting everything cleaned and ready for his arrival. I suspect less than 2-weeks.

Sports news: What the heck? Nine straight games! C'mon already!

Diet news: Nothing to report. No loss, no gain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No loss, no gain. Yeah, right! Stealth won't help you. You're goin' down.

TX Runner Mom said...

Make that 10 in a row! Jeesh!