Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bike ride

Activity: Bike
Mileage: 12.5 miles
Time: 48:50 -- 15.3 mph
Location: Duessin Park

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Mid-body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym

Last Thursday I made a post titled, "Rookie Mistake". Yesterdays post SHOULD have been labeled,"Stupid Mistake". As you may recall, I walked 5-miles in the rain. Around the 3 mile mark I felt a wicked blister on my left heel. Since I was walking on the greenbelts I decided to take my shoes off and finish my walk home barefooted. That was the stupid part. This morning my feet are tender to the touch and for some unknown reason I have a couple small cuts, plus the small blister that started all this shit. Gees, they don't make men like they use to, huh? I can't even walk 2-miles on a sidewalk without shoes!

The bike ride was uneventful. At one point I thought about trying a 30 mile ride, but that passed rather quickly. I need to invest in some biking shorts. My ass has had all the bike riding it can take for one week. Feel free to make jokes, I don't care.

Diet news: As of yesterday morning, Vic and I are at the exact same weight loss number. Sounds like he did good for the holiday weekend, but he's still going to be wearing a dress in a little more than 2-months. If I beat him by more than 5 pounds I think he should also have to shave his legs. What do you think? I better not get too cocky. I posted a gain this morning, which I've been expecting for a few days. Its normal weight fluctuation stuff. No loss of hope over one or two days of gains.

Staying the course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Tex, very nice job staying active while the knee mends. And, yes, you owe yourself a pair of bike shorts!

Steeeve