Sunday, May 27, 2007

Humid Bayou run

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5.6 miles
Time: 1:05:57 -- 11:29 first half -14:27 second half
Location: Along grass bayou in Kingwood


Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Mid-Body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym

I need to drink more, beer that is. Yesterday I had two pints of Shiner Bock and a pitcher of Bud Light (beer-flavored water) and this morning the scale showed a huge weight loss! Yes Vic, I know its dehydration and the weight will come back... I'm bored and don't have much else to talk about!

Nice easy pace on the run. Lynn called and asked if I planned to run today. Of course I said yes, but I told her I wanted to log a couple miles before her. The dirt was actually more like mud from all the rain, which slowed both of us down.


Soon I need to try a serious long run and see what kind of shape my body is in. Any suggestions for long run mileage (for me)?

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

My recommendation...this is what Coach Pizza always has me do for building up mileage: take the longest run of your week, whether it's 3 or 4 or 5 miles, then just add one mile to it for the next week while keeping your other runs shorter.

So if the 5.67 was your longest run of the week, just do 6.5 the next week. Then 7.5 the next week, or if you have any pain or trouble with the 6.5, keep it there for a second week and then go 7.5 the week after that.

I would be more conservative than aggressive on mileage build-up because of your recent injury and surgery.

And for weight loss, running shorter runs, more often would be a good thing. 2 miles in the morning, 2 miles in the evening, 6 days a week, maybe!!

It will be interesting to hear what your other readers advise...

Anonymous said...

I advised coming out for Big Bear Creek next Saturday prior to the picnic. You can use your judgement and take as many shortcuts as you need. You can hang here in between (and make yourself useful) if going back home would involve needless travel.

I also advise coming out for the Dukie Run tomorrow, although I suspect you never met Dukie.

Steeeve