Sunday, May 20, 2007

Home-Sweet-Home

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5 miles
Time: 59:04 -- 11:49 pace
12:11, 11:33, 11:18, 12:02, 12:00
Location: Corpus Christi Shore line

A long time ago someone told me, "the test of a real vacation" is: If you return home more tired than when you left. If this is true.... then I had a REAL vacation.

Most of what I did in Corpus Christi was non-eventful. It was a revolving series of; eat, beach, pool, wash sand out of crevices, eat, sleep. Can't think of much to say, other than: The weather was really nice all four days. And of course the Houston Strider's ROCKED the relay, duh.

The diet wasn't as good as I would have have liked, but it stayed out of binging territory. Walked a bunch this weekend, which hopefully off-set some of the extra calories. The highlight of my weekend happened just before departing. The Houston Striders have a Sunday morning group long run tradition. I joined the 20+ runners with no exact idea of what I planned to do. I'm excited to report, I ran FIVE miles. Ran the same concrete/asphalt sidewalk as everyone else. Of course my pace was much slower than I like, but at this point (13 days post surgery) I couldn't be happier. The cardio system felt a tiny bit better too. Wasn't having any difficulty breathing and barely broke a sweat.

Another good day indeed.

All weekend I couldn't help but wonder how many miles Vic ran and how many calories he consumed. Is this healthy? When June passed me on the run I was chanting, "no dress, no dress, no dress!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you and your family were able to be a big part of the weekend. Thanks for being a part of the shuttle team and our on-course photographer - looking forward to seeing those photos on the big screen!

Steeeve

Junie B said...

NO DRESS! NO DRESS! NO DRESS!

it was TERRIFIC hanging out with you guys over the weekend.

july bug = mucho tired-o

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! WTG on the 5-miler!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome that you did 5. You should be very worried, Bill. I had a great weekend. Ate perfectly, ran a semi-hard 6 miler on Saturday and a total of about 12 hours of hard yard work.

At one time, I was down 8.4 lbs since our contest began. It was definitely dehydration because I got 3 or 4 of those back after a couple liters of water.

Hope you got to visit some cute shops while you were down there. Look at any sun dresses?

Humble Runner said...

Vic,
Indeed, I checked out some cute sun dresses, but I was unsure if you needed a XL, or XXL.

Anonymous said...

Bill,

I know that I owe you big time for letting me use your garmin, so if you need someone in your corner to hold your spit bucket, just let me know...!!

ps - What happens if you guys tie...will you both wear a dress? I am hoping for that...we will all be winners - you two for meeting your weight loss goals and us because we can be thankful it is not us wearing the dresses!!