Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A scare and a little fun

First the scare:
The calf and hamstring aching is not going away. In fact, I think its getting worst. The bruise looks weird with "streaks" through it. Couldn't wait any longer, so I called the doctor a day early. Dr. Muscat thought it might be a blood clot, so he ordered a doppler test of my right leg. From the doc and staff actions, I got a little nervous. They wanted the test done immediately and preferably at a hospital, so I could be admitted if it was positive for a venous occlusion. The long of it, negative test.... thank God. For an hour or so, I was worried. The nurse was asking me to select a family doctor (I don't have one), which hospital I would like to stay at for 3-5 days, and to make arrangements to cancel my upcoming vacation in Corpus Christi. No good reason for the ache or bruises. Dr. Muscat suggested an aggressive pattern of ibuprofen and ice each and every night.

Now the fun:
Vic and I have met terms on a friendly weight loss competition. The parameters are simple but the stakes are much higher. Today is the official start day. Competition will end with the start of SMART training. We are going simply pound for pound. The person who loses the least amount will have to pay for the others entry into the Houston Marathon. As additional incentive to stay on track we added one more element. The person who loses the least will also have to attended the first session of SMART training in a dress! That's right! Vic will be wearing a dress come the end of July.

This is exactly what I need. Special thanks to Vic for being a fun sport and allowing us to "feed" off each others energy. Let the fun begin!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If I were you, I'd be looking at a nice floral pattern in a mid-thigh, strapless of course. That will suit you fine.

Pony and Petey said...

Ok, Vic...that scares me a little that you even know the terms for ladies dresses...

Wish I could get in on this competition too...but ya'll can lose in one week what I need to lose total. I know, I know, that's a good place to be but I tell ya, my struggle is just as tough as ya'lls struggle!! We're all in this together...

Steve Bezner said...

Good to seeya tonight Bill! Take care of that leg and get well!

The formula to weight loss isn't magical, less input and more output. May the biggest loser win!

I'm not sure who to root for, but I may sell tickets to see the "least loser" in a dress.

Go Bill! Go Vic!

I'll be at the initial SMART training camera in hand! (to be posted on in blogsphere).