Monday, May 07, 2007

Zero day, +5 hours

Just walked in the house from surgery. The morning started a little shaky. I woke up with a sore throat, productive cough, severe headache, and a low grade fever. There was thoughts of rescheduling the procedure by the nurses and anaesthesiologist. After a detailed assessment, Dr Muscat gave the go ahead for the procedure.

I felt horrible before the surgery, but now I feel wonderful. Probably a result of the pain medications. I've been walking since post-op. Walked around Kroger's while waiting for my prescription to be filled. Very little discomfort, plus my throat and headache is gone. YAY!

Mr. Muscat spoke with Erin after the procedure and stated he found and repaired torn cartilage under my patella. It appears the surgery was definitely needed. My legs are sore from yesterdays run, but other than that... its all good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're good to go for the Strider run Wednesday. Might want to be conservative, just a Memorial Park loop. Soft surface post surgery, that sort of thing.

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Steeeve, are you CRAZY!!! Knee-boy just may take you seriously.

Let's get together soon, Bill to compare scars.

Sarah said...

Rest up and we'll see you on the roads again soon! Glad the surgery went well.

Anonymous said...

God bless ....what a day. Matt W.