Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back to a normal schedule

We're both home and resting. Do you think certain events happen for a reason? Well, I do. The ordeal(s) that transpired yesterday kept my knee on the move. Minus a little swelling and a tight ace bandage, I frequently forget I had knee surgery. Still haven't taken a single pain med. Frankly, I don't need it today (last night was a different story).

Here's the super wild event of the day..... I got to the hospital around 8am and had two large bags, full of Erin's essentials. Once I reached the front door I realized I forgot to lock the car. So, I set the bags at the hospital entrance and went back to my car. By natural instinct, I started "jogging", cause at one end I had left a couple bags unintended and at the other end my car was unlocked. It took me ten or more seconds to realize what I was doing. I finished my jaunt to the car and returned to the bags with a light jog (60-70 yards?). Nothing. No pain, no aches... nothing.

This freakin' rocks! I'm very, very excited.

Erin is at my place resting. Some nausea and light contractions (Braxton Hicks contractions), but otherwise, A-okay. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. I means a lot to us and is greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Yikes, I don't read blogs for a couple of days and miss all the excitement. I am glad that Erin and Garret are okay and that your knee is recovering nicely. I'll be sure to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers that things continue to go well.

Pony and Petey said...

Hey ya'll...I can't find your email addy, Bill. Here's mine so Erin can email me and I'll give her my phone numbers.

Sure was great to see ya'll there tonight!

Pony and Petey said...

oops!

aspenpony86@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Take it easy on that knee. What exactly are the doctor's orders? Great to see y'all and tell Erin to get some rest.