Saturday, October 21, 2006

What started bad, ended GOOD!

I met and exceeded both of today's objectives. What a feeling!

Both Wednesday and Thursday I got a full 9-hours of sleep. I planned on continuing the streak last night, but my body had other plans. I tossed and turned all night. I finally fell asleep at 12:30 am. After waking up tired this morning, I stuck my head outside and made note of the mugginess. Thoughts ran through my head of more bad things to come.

Looking back, the day was good... minus a couple hours of sleep and slightly higher humidity.

This morning I ran with the Striders at Cull-Bear Park. A majority of the time I ran with the girls, Hillary and Kate. The three of us share a similar long run pace. We took a few extended water breaks, but we were never reduced to walking. Kate and Hillary took full advantage of the track part of today's training session, while I maintained a slow and steady pace. During the last half-mile Hillary stated, "Let's pick it up". The two girls took off and I followed. It was nice to have a small kick left at the end of 18.5 miles.

Yesterday and today's mileage enables me to log my FIRST 50-mile week. I'm excited! Lots of calories burned this week. In fact, the calorie calculator on my sidebar, which was recommended by Katherine Kruppa, indicates that I burned 3,110 calories on today's run. That ROCKS, especially after seeing this mornings pre-run weight.

Activity: Long Run
Mileage: 18.65 miles
Time: 3:14:40 -- 10:26 pace
Splits:
10:21, 10:16, 9:48, 10:16, 9:56,
10:28, 10:52, 10:56, 10:48, 10:54,
10:45, 10:11, 10:44, 10:29, 10:22,
10:25, 10:32, 10:52, 5:45 (0.65 miles)
Location: Cullen and Little Bear Park
How I Felt: 9

Body Weight: 218.5 I have no idea where that came from. Yikes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON A WELL-DESERVED DISTANCE PR! GREAT RUNNING BY KATE, HILLARY AND WILLIE THIS MORNING!

Steeeve

Unknown said...

good going, Bill. Hey, if I ran 18 miles at 300 lbs., I burn over 4200 calories. That'll be cool. Looking forward to the Tour de M. Hopefully, by then, I've gone under 300 lbs.

Junie B said...

WOWZA!! you rocked 18.5!! way to go!

now i hope you got some sleep!