Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lessons Learned?

Probably the worst run this year.

I'm at work. Sean and I planned on running 6-8 miles at the Humble City Park. The weather was tough. Humid and sticky. I never settled into a rhythm. I forced myself to pound the mileage, in an attempt to teach my body that quitting is not an option.

The entire run was miserable, but I think I found something deep inside of me today. I try to learn something new with every run. Today was a tough lesson, but a lesson that was much needed. At this point, all I can do is look forward to cooler weather.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 6.20 miles
Time: 1:05:40
Splits:
12:55 -- 1.20 mile
10:11
10:22
10:16
Stopped. Walked 0.50 mile. Resumed running
11:02
10:52
Location: Humble City Park
How I Felt: 3

As promised, I will post today's weight. Yesterday, I weighed myself for the first time in several weeks. I nearly passed out in disbelief. After seeing my weight this morning, I'd gladly take yetserdays weight, which was 1.5 pounds less. Any ways, here it is. I'm completely embarrassed.

Body Weight: 216.5

Today's weight equals 1.4 lb gain for every week since I went sub-200.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well, you're a better man than I. Go look at my splits. I had a tough time this morning as well but wasn't as tough as you were. Next time that happens, I'm going to get some guts and just pound it out.

Anonymous said...

"Humidity sucks". Commented by all that ran today. To finish a run today makes you a success in my eyes. Congrats
God bless Matt.........

Anonymous said...

Double what Dan'l "Daniel" says; worst Strider Wednesday club run, just miserable. The cold Diet Pepsi was good, though.

Steeeve

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your openness in sharing your weight struggles. My own weight has crept up a bit in the past couple of weeks and now I feel motivated to get back on track because of seeing YOUR motivation to get back on track!!

Your race pics turned out great! Very photogenic = ) Course, we all look like drowned rats! hahahahaahahahha