Monday, October 09, 2006

Just "wing-it"

Custom workout by AW-B. The SMART-Lite workout calls for an off day and the full SMART workout is 4 easy miles.

I designed a workout that fit both my mood and my work schedule. Jason and I started with two easy miles, then we executed an upper body workout, followed by 2 more additional easy miles. My legs felt tight and heavy on the first 2-miles. The combination of 14-miles with hills from yesterdays run is quite evident in my lower body. I considered cutting off the last two miles, but I knew I needed to redeem myself from last weeks pitiful effort level. I'm glad I didn't talk myself out of the extra mileage, because the last two miles were near perfect. I felt like I was moving effortlessly. The more I tried to slow down, the faster I ran. I know it may sound weird, but its the honest truth.

I'm very proud of Jason from work, he is progressing nicely. Jason is nowhere close to overweight, but his overall fitness level has improved significantly. Talking to him about the progression is very inspirational.

This week is off to a great start.

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Upper body
Time: ~ 30 minutes
Location: Humble Fire Department Gym
How I Felt: 10

Activity: Run
Mileage: 4 miles
Time: 41:37 -- 10:25 pace
Splits:
11:01, 10:25, 10:24, 9:50
Location: Humble Fire Department
How I Felt: 10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job on the custome workout. Glad you're feeling better. Keep the 10's coming.