Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Strider Group Run

The diet is still going well. I know it's only been three days, but I'll take any feat... no matter how small. If I were to guess, I'd say my weight has leveled off and now I will start the slow weight-loss battle. I mentioned it yesterday, but its worth repeating... I feel so much better.

Tonight I ran a new route with the Striders. Coach has formally labeled the route; "The Rose Garden". The route was an out and back measuring nearly 6 miles. I'd like to do this route again in daylight to see all those HUGE homes. Oh yeah, and without the rain.

I ran two miles before the group run for a grand total of eight miles.

Activity: Group Run
Mileage: 8 miles
Time: 1:25:10 -- 10:39 pace
Splits:
11:05, 10:44, 10:10, 10:17
10:48, 10:48, 10:51, 10:27
Location: Memorial Park
How I Felt: 9.5

Body Weight: 214

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Would love sot see this new route. You guys left from the pool lot?

Anonymous said...

Great news on the diet or simply the change in eating habits. It's simply a change in lifestyle, keep it up!

I used to have fun watching my weight number going down, now I can get enjoyment on watching yours go down.

Keep postin'!

Steve
RunSteve.Com

Tiggs said...

the Rose Garden run is a commonly used route....start out from the memorial pool lot, head out long around the park loop, go down memorial towards shepherd, hang a right onto shepherd, take a right on kirby, make a left at tiel/troon go around pine valley, cross kirby, around the rose garden and back again!

Anonymous said...

Bill,

Great job out there last night! Personally, I always prefer running in the rain (especially when it is hard) because it forces me to concentrate on puddle dodging, mud dodging, (sometimes) car dodging. I really feel at one with the earth during runs like that! I hope today is treating you well!

TX Runner Mom said...

Good job on the diet! I love the Rose Garden run. They used to have a water hose at the turn around point, but it's been MIA for a couple of years. The homes along the way are a great distraction!