Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rain Delay

I'm at work today. Skipped the scheduled SMARTie Hop due to rain. Sean and I planned to run six miles around the station.

A little more than a mile into the run, we stopped due to the severity of the storm. I did a partial lower body workout after the run. Within thirty-minutes, the weather improved and we continued the run. My legs remain heavy. I knocked off the final mile.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5 miles
Time: 48:10 -- 9:37 pace
Splits:
10:05, 9:36, 9:47, 9:16, 9:27
Location: Humble Fire Department
How I Felt: 9

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Lower body (partial)
Time: 20 minutes
Location: Humble Fire Station Gym
How I Felt: 10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Willie,

The SMART Spot was a swamp so no Hop. Maybe 15 of us did the Hwy 6 route with the two mile repeats plus the hill in between. It was sloppy and rainy so everybody pulled in a notch. Comfortable temperatures, though.

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Way to make the best of it. I totally bowed out of any kind of attempt to run in that weather. I'm a chicken.