Friday, October 13, 2006

Quick recovery needed

Somewhere along the way I made a mistake. My legs feel like mush. I'm hoping today's recovery will be enough to spring my legs back into action before Sundays race. I had a good week for mileage, but two days of hills did me in.

After several conversations, viewing data, and dreaming about predictor times, I have established my goal for this weekeneds race. My anticipated goal time is 1:30-1:40. My time should be just enough for Joe to finish his race at 1:20 and have a beer waiting for me at the finish chute.

In other running news: I've decided to decrease the amount of time I spend reading blogs and forums. I have an abundance of quality reading material getting neglected due to my excessive forum/blog reading. I'll still read my favorites, but the forum(s) are dead to me, for awhile. I'll check in on them on occasion. Yes, I read more than running forums.

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend. Should be a lot of cool post race reports.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I had to cut back on my forum reading (a non-running forum) because it was just taking too much time!

Unknown said...

Understand on the priorities. There are often blogs that I want to add to my RSS feed but I don't. It just gets to be too much. See you Sunday!!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Understandable! Reading forums and blogs can be addicting. Good luck on your race!