Thursday, October 05, 2006

I surrender, here is your update.

Ok, ok.... uncle. I've had an abundance of questions about my last post. So, here are some of the things going on in my life. Finally got a contract on my house. Its scheduled to close October 30th. I still haven't found a new house Erin and I like (and can afford). This is getting very stressful. Even if we find one in the next couple days, we are not sure we can close before this house closes.

For the last 4-5 weeks I've had an occasional upset stomach during and after my run. It has gotten worse over the last week. Probably should see a doctor and determine the root cause.

I was featured in the local newspaper. They did a great job. There are other minor things going on, but now you are caught up on the big stuff.

Today was a one-mile time trial. I treated it as "another run", considering it was my first run since Sunday. I'm bummed about the lack of running this week. I want to make up the mileage, but the stomach issues have stopped me dead in my tracks. Running with nausea is not fun.

Witnessed some very impressive runs. Vic shocked everyone with his time. Nope, you won't read his time here. He threatened to break my legs if I stole his thunder. Just kidding, but I will say that Vic had a record number of pacers and supporters. Chip was tonight's heavyweight with a 5:15 mile. If that isn't impressive enough, ten-minutes later Chip paced new Strider Stewart to a 5:48 mile. I may be off a few seconds on these times, but I assure you they are close. Bessie debuted with a 7:18! Stacey shocked everyone with a 7:50 mile. Kate ran an IMPRESSIVE and solid low 7-minute mile. Santos "schooled" Lee, though it was a tight finish. I didn't see their times, but Hillary, Steeve, and Yong looked strong. There were others, but its late and my memory is not "all that".

As for my run, well.... I ran. I had no intention of an ALL-OUT run. Felt strong on the first lap. In fact, I felt good enough to pick up the pace on the second lap. I slipped in front of a runner and quickly crumbled like a French soldier. I positioned myself in the third lane and backed off quite a bit. I tried to make up some ground on the last lap so I could finish with a sub-8:00 mile run. No kick or finish line sprint. Stopped the clock at 7:38. Trying to stay positive I thought about this: I only ran a "9" on a 1-10 scale and I wasn't winded at the end. I won't say it was easy, but I know I'm much better than 7:38. I cut my cool down short due to more nausea. Trust me, I'm trying to make the best of the situation.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 3.04 miles
Time: 28:51 -- 9:29 pace
Location: Stratford High School track
How I Felt: 8

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about your nausea - that sucks. I hope you manage to get it sorted soon so you can get back to enjoying the running. And don't feel bad about your time - it's a good time and it was done in tough circumstances! It can't help to be moving house too - I moved just under a year ago and the stress was awful. Good luck with finding your new place.

Unknown said...

Steal my thunder!!! LOL!!! I don't know about the thunder thing. Probably felt like thunder when I was coming down the final stretch. :)

Great to see you and enjoyed talking to you as always, friend. Bummer about the stomach. I'm confident it will pass. Gutsy miles last night. WTG!!!

We were renting when shopping for our first house and had a month to month arrangement with our landlord. It was so stressful. I always said I could not imagine trying to buy and sell at the same time. Guess the only thing worse would be trying to buy and BUILD at the same time. Thinking about you an hoping it all works out for your family.

Anonymous said...

Bill,

Fine, controlled workout by you, especially considering the circumstances. Hope you're feeling up to Conroe Sunday; we'll have a fair few first timers in two who will benefit from your saavy veteran Conroe experience.

Steeeve

Steve Bezner said...

Glad to read that your back out there running.

Sorry about the nausea, I know running with nausea is the pits. The only thing I do when I get it is to slow down.

Look forward to hearing about your next run!

TX Runner Mom said...

Good to hear that you're back out there. I hope the nausea stops and life gets a little less crazy for you soon!