Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend Mileage

Polished off the weekend with a SOLID 10-miler.

Sean's ankle is better, allowing him to run. I moved the crews around, which enabled us to go to the park for our long run. No plan when we took off, except a minimum of 6 miles. Sean allowed me to dictate the pace. Even more helpful was his awareness when the pace changed by more than 10-seconds. We added 5-6 x 30 second strides during the final miles. Also included a manly finish.

Did one thing different on today's run, we ran continuously. Made for one-tough-run! Water was on the course, but I allowed myself to get entirely too thirsty. Otherwise, a great run. Proud to log 22 miles in two days. Even more proud of the average pace over the distance.

Activity: Long Run
Mileage: 10 miles
Time: 1:36:17 -- 9:37 pace
Splits:
9:43, 9:31, 9:41, 9:47, 9:42,
9:55, 9:55, 9:52, 9:31, 8:40
Location: Humble City Park
How I Felt: 9

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a weekend, Studly!

TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, 22 miles in 2 days! Sometimes I think I'm doing good to get in 22 miles in a week. Way to go!

Jenny said...

WTG on the high mileage weekend Bill! I like that you managed a sprint finish yesterday - I always seem to find a little extra in the tank for the last bit too... it's a shame mine is at the end of 2 miles and not 10! lol!