Friday, September 22, 2006

Sleepy Tour de Art post

I'm so sleep deprived I cannot fall asleep. Only slept 2-hours last night at work. So-Very-Tired.

Today I volunteered and ran the Tour de Art. The run was part of the RRCA's Run at Work Campaign, and hosted by the Houston Striders. The event was a huge success! Many more people than I expected. Lots of online bloggers in attendance, which included Sarah, Vic, Steeve, June, and Me. I can't wait to see the pictures taken by Sarah and the post(s) to come from the others.

Vic ran the entire tour and said it was a little more than 4 miles. I logged 2.07 miles, due to Strider related duties. I'm not complaining, because I was glad to help out!

I'm changing format style.... I'm fading fast:

  • Another great tour lead by Nboka
  • Nice cool breeze
  • Large crowd
  • Vic has a cool new running toy (I'm sure he'll be posting soon)
  • VERY inspired by Yong Collins running resume
  • Special thanks to Steeve, Lee, Roger, and Barry
  • Mmmm salty snacks and Pepsi for all
  • Super Fun!

Gotta go. Running long in less than 9 hours.

Activity: Novelty Run
Mileage: 2.07 miles
Time: 23:50 -- 11:31 pace
Location: Downtown Houston
How I Felt: 10

5 comments:

Junie B said...

good to see you again!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Tex, thanks for the helping hand! A very fine time was had by all. Need to mention that our very good friend Jose was in attendance and ran way strong, and you can't forget our very good friend The Little Fella who thought it would be good fun to kick my butt a short 10 hours later at Cullen. Can you say drippy mess? I think you can!

Steeeve

Steve Bezner said...

Whew, that was tough out there today.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mr. Fireman for coming to the rescue there at the end. The water and chat was just what I needed to finish up strong.

Awesome time! Later!

Sarah said...

That was really fun, I just wish I hadn't been worried about my stupid car the whole time!! :)