Monday, September 11, 2006

Commitment day!

Went for a long run after I signed up for the Houston Marathon and the HARRA warm up series. I registered for the following races:
  • United Space Alliance 10-miler
  • K & L Half Marathon
  • HMSA Classical 25k
  • Methodist Sugarland Hospital 30k
  • Chevron Houston Marathon

Ran two, three mile loops around Memorial Park then I joined the Striders for the remaining four miles. It was a painful run. No splits today. I forgot to turn the auto lap on. The schedule called for 10 miles with 6 miles at marathon pace. I'm confident I did not achieve this goal. Mileage I did, speed I did not.

Activity: Long Run
Mileage: 10 miles
Time: 1:42:10 -- 10:13 pace
Location: Memorial Park
How I Felt: 7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you meet your sweating goal? Dang, it was humid out there :-O

We've been doing the post Marathon Signup Party run for years, glad you are now part of the tradition.

Steeeve

Ms Eva said...

I'm content to do the distance.... speed is something I may strive for after the first marathon is behind me. Sometimes I feel I will always be slow. :)