Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Northside Kenyan Relay

The schedule: 2 mile warm up, silly walks, 20 minutes of Kenyan relay at 5k pace, and 2 mile cool down.

For the second time, I lead fellow co-workers through an unsanctioned SMARTie workout. I'm lucky to have men on my shift who join me for my workouts. It makes the time go by faster and we have a lot of fun.

All of us pushed hard on the Kenyan relay's. I averaged a 6:47 pace for the running part of the relay. No recovery times recorded. The cool down was shorted 0.75 mile, otherwise we did the complete workout, including the silly walks. Yes, skipping included!

Activity: Run
Mileage: 4.29 miles
2-mile warm up: 22:02 -- 11:02 pace
Kenyan Relays (run only): 1.16 mile, 7:52 -- 6:47 pace
1.13 mile cool down: 10:44 -- 9:32 pace
Location: Humble Fire Department
How I Felt: 9

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!