Sunday, September 10, 2006

Eat till you're sleepy, sleep till you're hungry

After a day full of eating and sleeping, my long run yielded the right of way to failure.

I worked last night and we were busy. After responding to several emergencies I slept a whooping 2.5 hours. Once I got home, the lack of sleep lead to a snowball effect of bad decisions. Meal choices today were both crazy in quality and quantity. Both which are not conducive to a scheduled 10 mile long run.

By mid-day I decided to push the long run to Monday and take the day off. Later in the day I read an article in RW about Dean Karnezes. Dean's super-human mileage motivated me enough to lace'em up and take off in the neighborhood. I had good intentions, but my lack of ability strong-armed my will. A complete day of eating sat atop of my throat and I was burdened with side stiches. I stopped after a single 1.5 mile loop.

I'm moving forward with plan "B". Ten miles tomorrow at Memorial Park. I'll be out there for the HARRA Marathon sign-up party anyways. The Striders are running 4 miles at 7 pm. I'll add extra mileage before and/or after the run. Anyone want to join me? If you're interested I'll be in the area of the Houston Strider tent. If all goes well, I'll start running at 6pm.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 1.5 miles
Time: 15:50 -- 10:33 pace
Location: Woodland Pines Subdivision
How I Felt: 7

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Would be nice to see you out there but kids have soccer practice tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hey AW-B, great job taking full advantage of your birthday. We'll give you an easy running day on Christmas as well, plus an additional floating easy day of your choice. Otherwise, it's HAMMER EVERY DAY for you!

Steeeve

Just kidding...