Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Unscheduled Tempo Run

New running partner equals faster pace.

So, there is a new guy at work and he runs! His name is Sean and he is a free-spirited yet modest runner. In fact, he is so modest that he won't tell me any of his prior race times. He'll just tell you that he runs.

The schedule called for six easy miles. Sean joined me for the six-miler at work. Unexpectedly, I ran much faster than my usual easy run pace due to Sean and his effortless pace. The run felt good. We ran an 8:40ish pace for the first four miles and backed off a little for the third mile. We took two water breaks, which we kept under a minute each. Had this been a 10K, I could have scratched off ANOTHER goal on my sidebar.

Great run! I can't wait to introduce Sean to the Striders!

Activity: Tempo Run
Mileage: 6.01 miles
Time: 52:50 -- 8:48 pace
Splits:
8:45, 8:37, 8:44, 8:41, 9:14, 8:45
Location: Humble Fire Department
How I Felt: 10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are rocking, Bill!!!