Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday Full of Changes

Planned on taking a co-worker (Sean), to Terry Hershey for Tuesday night SMART training. Sean backed out due to parental duties associated with his one-week old baby at home. Figured I would still go to Terry Hershey and deliver some digital race pictures to Coach.

A traffic accident on I-10 diverted me to Memorial Park for training with Coach Matt. The schedule called for Boot Camp "C". After yesterdays race, I didn't feel much like doing two TOUGH workouts back to back. So, I made some personal adjustments to the training.

I ran the two mile warm up with Bessie, aka "negative split" and crew. I also joined them for Silly Walks. I decided to take a leisure jog around the Memorial loop while they completed the boot camp part of tonight's session.

After the warm up and silly walks everything really came together. My jog was perfect. I held a solid, consistent recovery pace. No stops whatsosever. The weather was as good as you can expect for early September. When I made my way back to the track, the other Striders were about to start their final 800 meter interval. I waited for them to finish and joined them for the final two mile cool down.

Looking back, it seems funny that both my warm up and cool down was much faster than the three miles in the middle of my workout. Oh well. Proves that running with Striders makes you faster!

Activity: Easy Run
Miles: 7 miles
Time: 1:08:31 -- 9:47 pace
Splits:
9:43, 9:23, 10:16, 10:17, 10:09, 9:32, 9:11
Location: Memorial Park
How I Felt: 9.5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about! If your body is telling you it's not recovered from the TLT/race combo then listen to what your body is telling you. Well done! Of course if your body is telling you to sit on the couch and eat donuts maybe you should overrule :-)

Steeeve

Unknown said...

My body is ALWAYS telling me to sit on the couch and eat donuts. :)

Nice run Bill.

TX Runner Mom said...

Great run! Ummm, did someone say donuts?

SRR said...

I think running with a Hare makes you faster!!