Sunday, September 17, 2006

Four miles on the Greenbelts

Painful four-miles. My legs have been sore all day. When I contract the muscles in my legs they cramp. Almost skipped today's workout. Decided to run anyways and see if an easy run might loosen everything up. My legs are still quite sore. Good thing tomorrow is an off day.

My house has been for sale for more than 5-months. We lowered the asking price 5k and now the house is showing a lot more, so I feel optimistic that something will happen soon. We are considering Kingwood as our next home. Erin, Alison, and I headed to the Greenbelts for my Sunday workout to check things out. Erin rode her bike with Alison (and the dog) in the bike trailer. We picked an HEB Grocery store in the middle of Kingwood and simply took off. The trails are beyond nice! Erin and I both think an area like this could help promote a healthy lifestyle for us and our kid(s?).

Two-hours before the run it rained hard. The trails are heavily wooded with a canopy similar to Cullen Park. The canopy held the humidity to an unbearable level. Thankfully the run was a mere four miles. The scenery made me forget about the tough conditions briefly. I can honestly say these are the best trails I have ever run on. We had decided on a couple different subdivisions, but after today's run, I'm confident that Kingwood is now in the mix. We'll see. First thing first, we have to sell the current house before we make our next move. Whether we move to Kingwood or not, I'm sure I will frequent the location.

Activity: Easy Run
Mileage: 4 miles
Time: 42:18 -- 10:34 pace
Splits:
10:57, 10:28, 10:52, 10:01
Location: Kingwood - Greenbelts
How I Felt: 9

3 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Those Greenbelts are where Steve and Paula Boone hold their annual Texas Marathon on New Year's Day -- and unfortunately, four loops on that concrete is brutal.

This year it was 81 degrees at the finish; however, Steve and Paula's enthusiasm and great spirit help overcome any aches and pains at the race's end.

Unknown said...

We moved out to Fairfield in Cypress this year and you're right about the healthy lifestyle and the family being happier. Since we moved, all 3 of my kids are involved in sports and we play outside a lot more. It's definitely been a positive.

TX Runner Mom said...

Greebelts are great and I have made them a requirement for when we move in a year or two! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your house will sell quickly!