Friday, June 30, 2006

Ready for War

I've prepared for tomorrow's long run, as if I'm going to war. I've stayed on top of my hydration, massaged my aching shin, my running clothes are laid out, I purchased a couple packets of GU, loaded my ipod with upbeat music, cleaned my shoes, made a general plan for tomorrows food.... well you get the point, I am ready for WAR! War, being the Texas heat.

Today was boring. The off-day gave me a chance to catch up on a lot of neglected things around the house. Nothing worth blogging about.

Here's one of many inserts from "Running Within". In this paragraph, Lynch talk's about simplicity:

The warrior seeks inner victory through simplicity. According to the warrior, less is more. Over the years, we have noticed how complex the sport of distance running has become, as if more is better. Most of us tend to be overly concerned about having the right stuff-watches, shoes, heart monitor, clothing-and lose touch with the beauty and essence of simple running. Runners World editor and author Joe Henderson once said, "Don't let the planning and analyzing interfere with the doing and enjoying." He is right.

Thirteen point one tomorrow, or bust!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read this post first. Now off the the report.