Saturday, June 17, 2006

HARRA Banquet

Olympian Jeff Galloway and Bill Cox (me)
I was honored to have an opportunity to meet Jeff Galloway. Galloway and I had a great conversation. What a great history of running he has lived! We talked about food, Houston, Gulf-coast weather, and running. Galloway is very complimentary. I see why more than 200,000 people have successfully completed his marathon program.

A few of the Houston Striders in attendance, from left to right; Ruben, Matt, and Bessie.


Tonight the family and I attended the HARRA Summer Banquet held at the St. Arnold's Brewery. Here are my notes from the function:


Large crowd, standing room only from many members
Bayou City Road Runners took EIGHT club awards. Congratulation's BCRR!
New HARRA President and HARRA board members appointed
St. Arnold's Brewery is smaller than I expected
No air conditioning. (They should warn everyone to dress properly. WHEW it was warm!)
Jeff Galloway is a super nice guy
Los Cocas Mexican food is good
I received a cool pair of socks for completing the Spring Series (Ironfoot)

My wife took a picture of the HRB'ers in attendance, but no flash equals, no picture. Sorry guys and gals.

3 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Nice recap, good to see you last night as well as meeting your wife and daughter!

Unknown said...

Wish I had been there. Cool pic with Galloway!

Sarah said...

No worries, I got an HRBers pic with my camera. I'll post it tonight!