Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bill the Bumble Bee

My back feels a lot better today. It may be the new medication I was prescribed yesterday talking (darvocet). Sweet, sweet darvocet.

With all the extra down time, I have had an opportunity to catch up on books I recently purchased.
I'm truly enjoying my current book RUNNING WITHIN, a guide to mastering the body-mind-spirit connection for ultimate training and racing. Authors: Jerry Lynch and Warren Scott.
With my injury, this books seems to be talking to me directly. I'm only on chapter five, but I've been reading it slowly and making notes of great quotes. You are sure to see them in my upcoming blogs.

I think its really corny when people give themselves a nickname, but I have found my new nickname. Most of my life, people have called me Wild Bill and most of you know The Penguin, John Bingham. Get ready to met Bill, aka "The Bumble Bee". Here is an insert from Running Within. I found this paragraph in the introduction under Beyond Limits:

Perhaps one of the most exciting and rewarding aspects of your running life is the potential to go beyond your self-imposed limitations. You begin to realize that many of your limiting beliefs about what can or cannot be done are simply preconceived restrictions and attitudes taught to you by parents, teachers, friends, and others during your formative years, with no objective basis in reality. The most damaging of these beliefs is in the notion that such restrictions can never be changed and must be accepted without question as blueprints for your future. We are reminded of the bumble bee which, according to experts in the fields of aerodynamics and space engineering, should not be capable of flying. After studying its attributes for many days, the experts concluded that the bee is too fat, too round, too slow, and not strong enough to fly. Fortunately, this little aviator cannot read these findings!

See what I mean, this book is talking directly to me! So, now I have chosen my own new nickname, Bill, the Bumble Bee.

Similiar to Binghams sign off, I will end with:
Buzz on, friends
Bill

Calories: 2845
Fat: 63 grams
Carbs: 437 grams
Protein: 145 grams

No comments: