Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday run + prior week review

I'm changing my normal running routine. For the last few months I have run on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. In an attempt to add mileage, I felt the need to add an extra day. No fancy documented running schedule, I simply tried to find a way to balance my runs with work and the Striders. This week I am going to try running Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Starting next week I will follow a SMART transition schedule Steeve made for me. Thanks Steve!

Below I have listed last weeks average calories, fat, carbs, and protein. The numbers would have been lower, but there were a couple high days. I'm still content with the average. The great news is today's weight and body fat percentage. Compare the numbers below with the numbers from this time last week. I really hope I can get under the elusive 200 pound mark before SMART training.

I'm quickly approaching my one year anniversary of running. Stay tuned for some interesting details. I plan to post various highs and lows on the anniversary date. I may even post a before and after picture, then burn them all!

Ran at Terry Hershey Park tonight with the Striders. This was my first time at this end of the park. I wasn't expecting the small hills on the east side of the park, but they are sure to make me a better runner. The hills were no big deal at the time, but right now my legs are really bothering me. I have to complete my lower-body weight training after this post, so hopefully they will loosen up. Strider attendees included Steeeve, Lee, "Jane", Jennifer, Daniel Boone, Bessie, and myself. Jane is an inside joke... you had to be there to understand. Nice turnout for a Monday run.

Weight: 209 lbs
Body Fat: 24.4%
Fat Mass Weight: 51 lbs

Weekly mileage ending 06/25/06: 28.72

7-day nutritional average, ending 06/25/06
Calories: 2924
Fat: 70 grams
Carbs: 421 grams
Protein: 159 grams

Activity: Group Run
Mileage: 5.03 miles
Time: 47:55 - 9:32 mile pace
Splits:
09:36
09:56
10:04
09:47
08:19 (trying to catch Bessie and Lee)
0:13 - 0.03 mile
Location: Terry Hershey Park
How I Felt: 9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We pushed it pretty good on the way back but not enough for "Jane" to reveal her secret identity. Does Dan'l read your blog? 209 is good stuff, pretty soon we won't be able to see you sideways!

Calling this run the "Meggie Mosey" is pretty much another inside joke - there's no "mosey" about it.

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Nice run. Cool that you're having sooooo much fun with the awesome striders.

Great job on your 209, too. Where did you start from?

SRR said...

Congrats on coming up on 1 year worth of running! And...are you addicted to it...yet?!?!