Friday, June 23, 2006

Brighter Day

Two runs today. One run at 5am before work and the second run at 6pm, at work. The morning run was humid. It may have been my imagination, but it felt hard to breathe. After the first mile I was running with ease.
For the second run, I purposely ran in the heat. It was hot, yet I was pleased with the below average pace.


My dad is doing a lot better. He is talking, but has problems composing his sentences. No walking yet, but he's easily moving around. Way to go Dad! The Doc said he might go home this weekend??

Activity: Morning Run
Mileage: 3.52 miles
Time: 36:48 (10:28 mile pace)
Laps:
10:47
10:30
10:14
05:15 (0.52 mile)
Location: Woodland Pines Subdivision
How I Felt: 8

Activity: Evening Run
Mileage: 3.02 miles
Time: 29:39 (9:50 mile pace)
Laps:
09:52
09:40
09:56
0:09 (0.02 mile)
Location: Humble Fire Department
How I felt: 9


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news about your dad. Great run too!

Anonymous said...

Bill,
So sorry to hear about your Dad. Matt& I will keep him and your family in our prayers. As for your Wednesday night Houston Strider run, YOU ROCK!!! The heat & humidity are a tough combination. Sometimes I think, tougher than the actual run itself! One note, keep running in these conditions and you WILL become mentally a tougher runner. I admire your diligence, commitment and stamina...your just a heck of a nice guy and I wish you happy trails for many years to come. Keep up your hard work!
You inspire me to give it my all!!!

Sincerely,
Bessie Wright, Proud Fellow
HOUSTON STRIDER

Crosstrain said...

My prayers are with your family. It sounds like your father's recovery is progressing, that is great