Saturday, June 10, 2006

Family Hardware

I had a really good day.

Erin, Alison, and I attended the 1st annual YMCA Trail Run. The race was held at the Conroe YMCA Camp grounds. Both runs (5K and 1-mile kids run) were on scenic trails. A few days before my injury, Kevin and I made arrangements to run. At that time, I promised Alison she could run. Since I'm on the disabled list, today was all about Alison. The YMCA camp property has a lot to do for the kido's. If they continue the race and you have young children I would strongly suggest the race. Your race entry includes: race, snacks, full lunch, horse rides, face painting, clowns, swimming, paddle boats, moon walks, and more.

I was happy to see other Houston Striders at the race. Both Frank and Pam were in attendance. Congratulations to Pam on her age group hardware. I'm not sure of Frank and Pam's time, but I assure you it was quite speedy! New Strider Megan came in at 21:45, which was good enough for 3rd overall female. Way to go Striders!

Usually the kid races are non-competitive, but this race awarded three deep in 5 different age brackets. I had no idea the run was going to be 1-mile for her age group, so I had to run with her. I agree, I shouldn't run injured, but this was a special situation. Alison placed 3rd in the 0-5 age group! I'm VERY PROUD of her. Alison asked me to time her and I was surprised to see that she completed 1-mile in 13:00 minutes even. A reporter from the Conroe Courier took lots of pictures of Alison and said she was doing a race report for the paper. She asked lots of questions, so I hope they make her a STAR!

The one mile run felt great. My back was bothering me early this morning, but the running was 100% back pain-free. My calves felt tight (lack of exercise) and it was really hot, but it was a small price to pay to see Alison so happy. I can't wait to start running again. Maybe next week?????

Kevin came in under 33 minutes for the 5k . Kevins daughter, my cousin, Cynthia came in first place in her age bracket (10-12 year old females). This was her debut race and I'm very excited for her. Cynthia signed up for Cross Country for the upcoming school year and I've made promises to attend her meets. I can't wait for her running to get under way.

The diet thing is still going good. Today's fat grams are high. I try to stay under 100 grams and usually average 40-70. Below are the boring numbers. Does anyone think I should do a weekly average, or is the daily numbers of any benefit? I'll take any and all suggestions.

Weight: 212

Calories: 2868
Fat: 140 grams
Carbs: 327 grams
Protein: 121 grams

No comments: