Friday, June 09, 2006

Rude RN

My back is a lot better. The pain feels similar to a bruise.

In my last post, Steeeve suggested I try aqua jogging. I called my doctor to ask his opinion. I guess they are busy on Fridays, because the nurse I talked to was completely rude. She advised me to seek such advice from a physical therapist. She also stated the doctor doest have time to personally speak with me without an appointment. I thought this was odd, considering I called two days ago about walking and they all seemed pleasant. On my next visit, I plan to mention the nurse's comments to the doctor. Hopefully this is out of the norm and will be corrected, otherwise.... I will take my self-inflicted injuries elsewhere.

Since I didn't get an answer from the doc, I skipped the aqua jogging and I took Alison to the pool for some general play time. Everything felt good. We spent nearly two hours in the pool. Not enough activity to consider exercising, but it was a lot better than sitting on the couch.
It was nice to be in the Summer heat, that everyone's complaining about.

Today I ate some great food and was able to stay under my 3k ceiling. Due to yesterdays binge I wasn't hungry till 3:00 pm today. Yes, I ate a small breakfast, lunch, and a snack. It was nice to have most of the calories ahead of me late in the day. Ok, here is my secret... just between us, and promise not to tell anyone, but I was able to squeeze in pizza due to a really cool nutritional counter from Pizza Hut.
I like the site (nutritional counter) because it was detailed and specific. All you have to do is select the crust, the size, and the topping and CLICK> it adds everything up for you.

Calories: 2915
Fat: 96 grams
Carbs: 383 grams
Protein: 125 grams

No comments: