Tuesday, June 13, 2006

First June Run

Today I was informed by both a friend and my loving wife that my blog post are too long. During the conversation both admitted they rarely read the entire post due to the length.
Here are my changes for a shorter, less boring, and more action packed blog post:
  • Keep my topics loosely related to RUNNING.
  • Back off the diet talk and "numbers".
  • Weekly average of calories/fat/carbs/protein.
  • Weekly average of weight and body fat percentage.
  • Positive attitude... LESS BITCHIN, MORE RUNNING

Today was my first run since my injury (June 1st). I feel like a new man! I set out at 10:00 pm tonight with 2-miles in mind. I skipped the treadmill and ran in my subdivision (concrete). Several months ago, I measured a 1.5 mile loop in my subdivision with my bike computer. No worries as my garmin 205 was dead-on for both loops. I placed a small piece of tape over the watch display so I would not be concerned with my pace. I set the garmin on 1-mile auto lap(s). The garmin beeps at the end of each mile, which is how I knew my total distance.

Earlier in the day I completed a lower body workout. Even though I reduced all the weights, everything seemed a little harder than I had expected.
Again, I can't tell you how happy I am with this weeks progress. With a little luck I'll be logging more serious mileage in the near future.

Activity: Run (easy)
Mileage: 3.0 miles
Time: 33:16
Splits:
11:16
11:10
10:50
Location: Woodland Pines Subdivision
How I felt: 9

Activity: Weight training
Body Region: Lower Body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home gym
How I felt: 9

No comments: