Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

At work today, on Thanksgiving.

From this point forward I will post my weight. Typing and reading my weight everyday will surely act as another form of accountability.

Rode the recumbent bike, ran on the treadmill, and completed another E2 workout.

Recumbent Bike:
14.44 miles
57:00
15.2 mph

Run:
2.5 miles
34:39
13:52 pace

Workout:
Engine 2 Beginner

Weight:
198.5

I don't typically talk about work, but we just got back from a weird call and I'm bored enough to share. Apparently a driver crashed into a wrought iron fence that borders Rosewood Cemetery. During the collision the driver ruptured a gas line and water line. When we pulled up, the roadway was blocked off by the police department due to the overwhelming smell of gas. We found a large one-inch line flooding the area with natural gas due to the meter being seared off. Todd brought me a tool from the truck and I shut the gas line off, followed by the water line. Then the call got weird... We could tell by the tracks in the graveyard that the driver was still inside the fenced property. Not knowing if there was any more property damage or if the driver/occupants were injured we decided to walk through the 40-acre facility. Let me paint a picture for you; we were walking around a cemetery, at night, on Thanksgiving, looking for a truck. We never found the vehicle, but the police found an open gate which they escaped. Even so, it gave me the heebie-jeebies walking through a graveyard in the darkness of night.

Weird, even by my standards.

No comments: