Wednesday, November 25, 2009

SCORE!

Ask and you shall receive. This mornings weight came in at exactly 199.0. The long wait proved to be a challenging test of my discipline. I thought my weight shouldn't dropped below 200 a week ago. Everything happens for a reason. Now I've found myself more appreciative of the miniature goal.

Arrived back in Kingwood at 3pm. After 5 hours of driving I was ready to workout. No one showed up for the group run, but Andrea and I completed the workout as scheduled. An hour before starting I cycled a couple miles while measuring a route for the speed workout.

Trail Bike:
2.16 miles
14:07
9.18 mph

Started the session with a one-mile warm up run and core strengthening exercises. Speed training consisted of 10 x 30/30's at 8-9 RPE. Andrea and I struggled with the first couple intervals, but settled into a consistent rhythm shortly thereafter. Average run pace was ~7:00 and the average recovery pace was ~10:30. Total speed workout pace was 8:20/mile. I'm a bit disappointed and would have liked to see the total average under 8:00. Slow 2.9 mile cool down run after speed work. All times combined below.

Run:
5.06 miles
54:50
10:50 pace

CORE

Rode my bike trainer while watching Biggest Loser.

Trail Bike:
11.95 miles
50:04
14.32 mph

No comments: