Monday, November 23, 2009

Tasty Temptations

EMS Conference has proven to be my greatest challenge. Temptations in the form of food, beer, and parties are everywhere!!!

I've had to estimate the caloric values of my first two meals of the day. I'm confident in my ability to estimate food values, but my choices were limited. The selections were high-calorie foods, resulting in higher than usual numbers.

After classes I found my way to the hotel gym. The hotel gym is INCREDIBLE. There are numerous cardiovascular machines with televisions, free weights, Smith machines, yoga space-equipment, and lots of other cool stuff.

I rode a recumbent bike for an hour and ran on the treadmill for an hour.

Run:
5.0 miles
1:00:03
12:01 pace

Recumbent Bike:
13.65 miles
1:00:00
13.65 mph

I completed the Engine 2 Beginner workout for the first time. I enjoyed the workout and I look forward to incorporating these exercises into my regimen. The exercises include:

Warm-up:
Sun Salutations (10)
Kicking Toe Touches (10 each side)
Side Stretches (10)
Trunk Twist (10)
Barrel Rolls (10 each direction)
Arm Circles (10 each direction)

Round 1:
Body Weight Air Squats (15)
Incline Push-ups (10)
Flutter Kicks (20)
Squat Thrust (10)

Round 2:
Lunges (5 each leg)
Seated Chair Dips (10)
Plank Pose (30 seconds)
Jumping Jacks (20)

Round 3:
Step-ups (10 each leg)
Downward Dogs into Child's Pose (5)
V-ups (10)
Incline Mountain Climbers (20)

If my math is correct, I stayed UNDER my allotted daily calories. The scale has not been kind the last two days. Maybe tomorrows weight will confirm my ability to estimate calories and workout when faced with temptations.

No comments: