Sunday, November 15, 2009

Running is the Answer

Rushed home from work, so I could keep my promise to Alison. I told Alison we would go fishing this weekend, but ran out of time on Friday. I worked all day Saturday and Erin wanted to pick up the kids this morning at 9am, hence my rush.

The water was clear and we saw a million fish, but we were not able to hook a single fish. We still had fun. Any time with my kids is a good time.

Andrea and I rode our bikes on the greenbelts after the kids left. We scouted out a new bayou extension. Other than that, it was an uneventful ride.

Trail Bike:
9.93 miles
11.1 mph

Like many things in my life, running seems to answer or solve most of my problems. For example, today my foot felt better than it has all week. Who said rest is the smartest thing to do!?!? ...crap, I said that. LOL

I ran three miles along the bayou rim. Ran a new section, which is AWESOME. The newest route is scenic and has a decent amount of distance (3.5 miles).

A cold front was blowing through during my run. I ran through a couple small, isolated clouds dropping rain and easily noticed the change in temperatures. All and all, it was a good run at a respectable pace.

Run:
3.14 miles
33:17
10:36 pace

Walk:
0.75 mile
12:40
16:58 pace

While waiting for Andrea to finish her 10-miler I hit the gym and had a great workout. I've lost a lot of strength, but I still enjoy my time lifting weights.

The first thing I noticed this morning was how sore my legs were. It's doubtful the ten mile long run made them this sore. Most likely it's a result of yesterday's lower body workout. I would assume my legs are in good shape, but that goes to show you the benefits of cross training and lifting weights. There are numerous other muscles that get neglected when you stick to a single sport/activity. Point dooley noted.

Workout:
Upper Body

No comments: