Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sticks & Stones Won't Break My Bones

The saga of unleashed dogs in East End Park continues. Nothing quite like a sunny, cool morning trail run to be interrupted by irresponsible dog owners. It amazes me how defensive people are of their damn dogs. Admittedly, I tell everyone I see who has their dog off-leash, "Your dog is suppose to be on a leash inside the park". This morning one guy took it to another level by yelling and cussing. He told me, "Just go run the god-damn greenbelts and stay off the nature trails you stupid fuckin' wetback!!". All this after HIS dog came at ME with the hair on his neck standing up. The verbal assault came after my generic comment, "Your dog is suppose to be on a leash inside the park".

I love East End Park, but I think my days of running there are done. The beauty of the trails is beyond belief, but the tension between runners and idiot dog owners is too much for me!

Anyways I digress...
Tom and I ran three miles at the park this morning. For the first time in a really long time, my legs were D.E.A.D. Over the final mile it was a mental challenge to keep moving. The dead leg feeling is probably the result of adding weight training and two tempo runs this week. After the run I followed Tom on my bike, while he ran a second three mile loop.

Once home I biked for another 30-minutes and lifted weights in the gym.

Foot pain is gone... again. Now I need to make plans for a solo 15-miler Saturday morning. Anyone interested?

Run:
3.0 miles
33:43
11:14 pace

Trail Bike:
9.32 miles
1:06:17
8.44 mph

Workout:
Mid-Body

No comments: