Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Daily Grind, DENIED

The weight gain I expected over the weekend did not disappoint. I gained nearly eight pounds in 4 days. Even I didn't expect that much, but I'm learning to take it in stride. I'm eager to get back to the grind and get under 200 lbs, but I don't think it will be this week.

The foot pain is still bothering me. In a lapse of intelligence, I decided to push through the pain and run 7 miles on the bayou rim. I enjoyed my run greatly, but it came at an expensive cost. My left foot feels exactly like it did when I finished the 50k.

It's time to take my own advice and try a couple days off. I don't want to rest for weight loss reasons, yet I know it is the smart thing to do. I'll cycle Wednesday and Thursday and take a complete day off Friday. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can run 10-miles on Saturday morning with the Kingwood FIT gang.

I explored a couple new trails this afternoon. They weren't as long as I had expected, yet I'm sure I will use them again. BEAUTIFUL day outside. It's sunny and cool. Everything is near perfect, with the exception of this damn foot pain.

Run:
7.0 miles
1:17:34
11:04 pace

Walk:
1.44 miles
24:07
16:45 pace

Ten push-ups during each commercial break of Biggest Loser. So glad to see Shay go home on BL. I've watched the entire season and seen tid-bits of her crappy personality. I was tired of her endless, "I'm the victim" pleas when it benefited her.

Push-ups: 120

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, no mercy for Shay? WOW!!! I wouldn't say she inspires me but I am sympathetic with her "issues" about never being loved and never loving herself. It takes a lot to shake all those eating habits as well as all those thought processes. Jillian was kicking her arse, huh?

Now, DANNY is the one who inspires me.