Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pre-class long run

Class didn't start till 9:45 this morning, so Andrea and I took advantage for a pre-class run. She took off down the trial for a seven mile run, while I continue to ease back into running. My schedule called for 14 cycles of run 2-minutes, walk 1-minute. I also threw in a short 3-5 minute warm up and cool down.

Ran on the Campion trails. It was a lot nicer this morning without the sun beaming down on us. My run went well. My maximum hart rate reached 172, so my effort was more than that of just a leisure jog.

Andrea continues to amaze me. Everyday she ask what her schedule is and she does it. I'm starting to wonder if she's part robot. She is a MACHINE and I'm SUPER proud of her.

Last day of class today. I can't believe how much great information I received. ACSM is by far the gold standard and I'm glad I shifted away from ACE. In our class we had a retired NFL strength and conditioning coach, who worked with the redskins. Another gentleman works for the wellness program at NASA and is an ex-NFL player for the Miami Dolphins. Lots of other distinguished people in the class, but those two guys know the business of personal trainer and fitness!

Walk:
0.88 mile
18:04
20:32 pace (yuck)

Run:
2.97 miles
35:53
12:05 pace

No comments: