Sunday, July 12, 2009

Galveston Bike Ride

Crazy. Busy. Day.

Biked home from work. I took the shortest route possible, but it didn't make much of a difference. I rode on the entire feeder road bridge, and I cut across the bayou close to my house. Nearly the same time and only half mile shorter.

The moment I got home I loaded the bikes and we took off to Galveston. We parked at 69th street and rode our bikes along the seawall, to the ferry road, through the strand and back to the car. It was only 13 miles. We would have rode more, but I have to work the second job tonight.

On the way home we stopped in at Sun and Ski to look at camping gear. Our last stop was at Performance Bikes in Houston where I realized I lost my wallet. After a small bit of panicking, we called Sun and Ski and they found it on the counter. I didn't have enough time to get it tonight, so I will have to make a special trip tomorrow. Also postponing todays run to tomorrow morning.

Losing my wallet put a negative spin on an otherwise great day with my sweetheart.

Trail Bike:
19.55 miles
1:52:13
10.45 mph

No comments: