Monday, July 20, 2009

Heavy backpack

Biked to work this morning. Nothing eventful.

The ride "seems" shorter now that I'm riding it all the time. Parts of me wishes the route was a bit longer. I suppose I could always add mileage to the route, unfortunately, that involves less sleep!

This morning I thought I was going to get caught in the rain. The ideal of rain doesn't bother me, but I wear my backpack with all the crap I take to work. Inside my backpack is my laptop, which I do NOT want to get wet. Luckily, it only drizzled for a few minutes, yet left me with tons-o-humidity for the remainder of the ride. BTW: I weighed my backpack the other day and it weighed 22 pounds!

Busy day at work. We only made three calls, but on Mondays we check out and inspect all the units & equipment. Later that evening we had ladder training in full bunker gear, including air pack and hand tools. Good training class, but I was hot and tired by the time we finished.

That is it for today... one more day closer to retirement.

Trail Bike:
6.39 miles
36:46
10:43 mph

No comments: