Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BRUTAL Wind

Biked home from work this morning. I was in a hurry to get home and go road cycling with a small Kingwood cycling group I was introduced to earlier this year. Broke 12 mph average on the way home.

Trail Bike:
6.11 miles
30:17
12.11 mph

Becky was the only other rider to meet me in Dayton.

This was a BRUTAL bike ride. The wind was ferocious and hit us in the face 80% of the time. It was disheartening to ride a loop course, where the wind shifted back in front of us. Good thing a "tough day" on the bike is still a "good day" on the bike. I'm trying to stay motivated, but today was more evidence that my cardiofitness level is in the gutters.

I have grand plans to make some HUGE improvements in a short time. Send some good vibes my way that my knees behave and I stay injury free.

Road Bike:
19.27 miles
1:21:05
14.26 mph

Then there was the run...
For the second time today I got my ass handed to me, this time on the bayou. Chose the softer dirt surface and waited till 8pm, when the sun was nearly down, but it wasn't enough. Completed 14 cycles of run 2-minutes, walk 1-minute, followed by a cool-down walk. Maximum heart rate 186 bpm, need I say any more?

Walk:
0.91 mile
15:50
17:24 pace

Run:
2.31 miles
28:00
12:07 pace

No comments: