Sunday, July 26, 2009

Enjoy the Pace

Biked to work. Todays ride was nice and slow by design. Since it was Sunday (less traffic), I decided to enjoy the cruise to work.

Trail Bike:
6.4 miles
39:50
9.64 mph

Fifteen minutes on the treadmill. Easy and uneventful run. The treadmill is inside an air-conditioned gym at the fire station, yet I was drenched in sweat. 10-minute warm-up, 15-minute run, and 10-minute cool-down. Not knowing the exact pace is mentally hard. My effort was solid, but I don't have "accurate" numbers to back up the workout.

Walk:
0.97 mile
20:00
20:37 pace

Run:
0.95 mile
15:00
15:47 pace

Nice long talk with my buddy, Vic. We recalled some great moments we had under the coaching leadership of Steeve Shepard. No one in Houston knows more about running than Coach Steeve and I miss training under his supervision.

1 comment:

Steeeve said...

Thanks for the kind words...