Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Run with Garmin 310xt

Logged my first run with the Garmin Forerunner 310xt. It's simply awesome. The other models I owned were nice, but this one is above and beyond my expectations. Seriously, I love it!

I set up an interval workout because my fitness level is shitty and I'm struggling in this heat. Who knew sitting on the couch for half a year would be bad for you!?!?! ...just kidding. The workout went like this; 4 minute warm up walk, 12 cycles of run 2 minutes - recovery walk 1 minute, then 4 minute cool down walk. For the numbers below I extracted the recovery walks and threw them in with the warm-up/cool-down stats.

I wore the heart rate monitor and now I see why I'm struggling... my heart rate was recorded at 178 bpm near the end. That is not good, when I'm only running a 12 minute pace. You can click the picture for a bigger view.

Walk:
1.03 mile
18:53
18:20 pace

Run:
1.94 mile
24:00
12:22 pace

No comments: