Friday, July 10, 2009

New Toys

Received a good email awhile ago. My pre-ordered Garmin 310xt is now en route to me!

I wasn't a big fan of my Garmin Forerunner 405, so I sold it a few weeks ago, before the value dropped with the introduction of the Garmin Forerunner 310xt. Only a few have been released here and there. Last week I talked with Garmin on the phone and they told me the first company expected to receive the 310xt would be Heart Rate Monitors USA. After talking to that company, I learned they were the only ones (outside the San Diego marathon release) to have any. Garmin pushed back the release date several times due to software bugs. It seems everything is worked out and I will have mine early next week. YAY!!!

Thankfully today is an off day. My legs are dead tired.

Installed two new items on the road bikes... one is the Profile Design E-pack. Neat little bag that attaches to the top tube and stem. Perfect for nutrition and tools you need within reach. The second item is the newest and brightest tail light. Actually, its the best one I could find under $25. As I get older, my safety becomes a bigger concern.

As promised, here is another insert from "1 world, 2 wheels":
For Our Future
-In 1964, 50% of kids rode their bike to school and the obesity rate was 12%.... in 2004, 3% rode to school and the obesity rate was 45%.
-Between 1960 and today the average weight of a 6-11 year old has increased 11 pounds.

No comments: