Saturday, August 19, 2006

Track-Long-Track

SMARTIES made a huge attendance turnout this morning. It may be just me, but the attendance is growing. We were lucky. The weather was better this morning than any other time this week. The pleasant weather did not take away from the workout. Even the abbreviated version of today’s run was a monster. There were a lot of variations to the morning workout. I completed the SMART Lite version, I think.

My workout was short by 4 x 800 meter runs, and one cool down mile. I’m still happy with the session. Sure, I believe I could have done the remainder of the scheduled workout, but I’m trying to find my place in this marathon-training program. I’ve talked with others about my bastard pace. There are a lot of people ahead of me and often runners behind me, yet there are no other runners hanging out at my pace. It’s no big deal. I’m simply trying to run my run, not someone else’s.

Keeping this post short. It’s naptime.

Activity: Run (TLT)

Mileage: 10.49 miles

Time: 1:37:51 – 9:21 pace

2-mile warm up: 9:25, 9:20

800 meter at 10k pace: 4:23

0.25-mile recovery: 3:00 minutes

800 meter at 10k pace: 4:22

0.25-mile recovery: 3:00 minutes

4.0 miles: 9:36, 10:32, 10:27, and 10:01

800 meter at 10k pace: 4:08

0.25-mile recovery: 3:00 minutes

800 meter at 10k pace: 4:08

0.25-mile recovery: 3:00 minutes

1-mile cool down: 9:29

Location: Terry Hershey Park

How I Felt: 8.5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bill. You got out there and ran. As our fearless leader Steve would say woohooo. Have a great Saturday. Stick with it!!!

Bessie W.

Unknown said...

Nice, strong, consistent pace on the 800's and hte 4 miler. WTG, Bill! I think you are very wise and it shows that you are not only running faster but you are becoming more experienced. You're really teaching me a lot, friend.

Steve Bezner said...

Great run Bill. I think you re-bounded from your bug and looked fresh at the end, even though I know none us felt fresh.

Enjoy a short 3 miler today.