Monday, August 07, 2006

Boot Camp "B" -- Solo

Missed Daniel Boone's debut as an official SMART Coach. Damn this J.O.B, it is always interfering with my running! Even though I was stuck at work, I made a valiant attempt at the workout alone. Everything went great AND I saw some positive results. Today I felt better with the Boot Camp regimen. You can bet your ass it's still tougher than nails, but everything clicked. Know what I mean? Coach Steeve would have been proud of my effort.

Schedule:
2-mile warm, silly walks, Boot Camp "B", 2-mile cool down

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5.86 miles
Time: 55:19 --
2-mile warm up: 20:32 -- 10:16 pace
5 x 600 meter intervals: 15:06 -- 8:08 pace
2-mile cool down: 19:41 -- 9:50 pace
Location: Humble Fire Department
How I Felt: 8

I omitted the skipping part of silly walks. If these guys caught me "skipping" around the fire station I would never live it down. Trust me, its a man thing.

4 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

It was tough out on the West Side as well.

Hope to see you Thursday so you can "make-up" the missed skipping routine. :)

That's pretty funny, but I completely understand.

Anonymous said...

Solo boot camps are hard! However, you do get to do them at your own pace, so there's some solace. Know how you can tell you nailed the workout? Look at that solid cooldown pace! Well done!

Steeeve

Unknown said...

nice workout, dude!

SRR said...

Shall I get you a rope?